The QA Professional is a vital role with our agile development studio, working closely alongside the other individuals in the sprint team to create valuable working software.
By applying critical thinking, issue investigation, problem solving techniques and software automation to validating systems behaviour test professionals drive quality in our outcomes and pride in our products.
Summary of Main Duties & Responsibilities
Test Case Management
- Create effective test plans, cases and scenarios covering acceptance criteria on agreed stories
- Create effective automation processes to drive down the need for manual test intervention
- Continuously improve existing automation to improve effectiveness and value
- Ensure that each “done” increment of product/service represents an end-to-end user scenario – something of value to an end user (e.g. a capability is given to a user that they didn’t have before) – and there is at least one acceptance test (preferably automated) that confirms the software does what the customer expects it to do
- Use collaborative approaches to understanding customer needs and evaluating solution options
- Look always to move manual test cases to automated where the test case is “routine”
- Use test plan & case management technology provided to optimise valuable work done
- Inspire the team and all stakeholders with your enthusiasm for quality and desire to deliver working software
- Bring together investigative analysis and critical think to help isolate the root cause of perceived issues within a product cycle
- Optimise the value of the work performed
- Be prepared to be wrong; Call out assumptions and test them with real customers as quickly as possible
- Influence the team toward a continuous improvement and experimentation culture for both product and process, ensuring that each Sprint becomes more effective and enjoyable
- Work within the sprint team to deliver working software
- Ensure the team is focused on completing the sprint with working software components
- Challenge development changes where the change doesn’t deliver end user value or passing acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with the team on each sprint objective and understanding the work involved, making trade-offs where necessary
- Create, publish and iterate the tasks requiring test professional skills on a given sprint
Skills Knowledge & Experience
- Experience working in the energy industry – very desirable
- Experience working on smart meters – very desirable
- Experience of testing in agile product led studios
- Excellent analytical and interpretive skills
- Experience of Scrum based planning techniques would be beneficial
- Business Analysis skills desirable
- A drive for excellence over satisfaction
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Tenacity, drive and can-do attitude
- Someone who is highly detail conscious and conscientious
This is an outline Job Description and employees are expected to undertake other reasonable duties appropriate to the role, as directed.
All employees are expected to comply with the organisational Health & Safety Policy and to undertake their duties responsibly.
All candidates and employees must have the Right to Work in the UK as required by the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
To apply for any of our vacancies, please send your CV, a covering letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job.